I’ve been craving pasta salad lately so onto the menu it went. In effort to up my vegetable intake, I packed this Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad as full of as many veggies that I possibly could. I’m happy to say, it worked. This pasta salad was so good that I’ve been eating it about twice a day!
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD
This light and fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is a great way to use up those plentiful summer vegetables!
- 12 oz bow tie pasta $1.39
- 2 medium roma tomatoes $0.61
- 1 medium summer squash $0.39
- 1 medium zucchini $0.39
- 1 medium broccoli crown $1.27
- 1/2 medium red onion $0.57
- 15 oz jar roasted red peppers (2/3 jar) $1.34
- 1/2 bunch parsley $0.49
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil $0.16
- 1/4 cup olive oil $0.44
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar $0.21
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard $0.06
- 1 tsp dried oregano $0.05
- 1 tsp garlic, minced $0.12
- 3/4 tsp salt $0.05
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste $0.05
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables (squash, zucchini, broccoli, tomato, onion, parsley, red pepper). Give the vegetables a good wash and then cut into bite sized pieces (onions and red pepper thinly sliced; parsley removed from stems and chopped).
While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Combine the cooked pasta, chopped vegetables, and vinaigrette. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Food recipes from https://www.budgetbytes.com