As friends and family of Jennie Perillo gather to remember her husband today, our family sends love and support from far away. Many of us asked what we could do to help, and Jennie being the incredible, strong woman she is only asked for one thing: that we make a peanut butter pie, her Mikey’s favorite, in his memory and to help ease her pain. So if you read food blogs, Twitter, and other social media sites today, you’ll find hundreds of people supporting Jennie and her girls with the simple gift of a peanut butter pie that we will share with our loved ones.
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Pie with Nutella
- 8 ounces (227 g) Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (57 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces (113 g) Nutella spread
- 1/4 cup (32 g) cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (256 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (130 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (14-ounce/397 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup melted Nutella
- Process the cookies in the food processor until you have fine crumbs. Combine melted butter and cookie crumbs in a small bowl and stir with a fork to mix well. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- In the glass bowl, warm the Nutella in the microwave, then pour it over the bottom of the cookie crust and spread to the edges. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the Nutella, then place the pan in the fridge to chill.
- Pour the heavy cream into the stand mixer bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer to the small mixing bowl and store in the fridge until ready to use. Place the cream cheese and peanut butter in the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Increase speed to medium and beat until everything is combined and the filling is smooth.
- Using a large spatula, stir 1/3 of the whipped cream into the filling mixture. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Slice the banana and arrange the slices on top of the Nutella and chopped peanuts, Pour the filling into the pan, spreading it neatly, and drizzle the melted Nutella on top. Freeze for three hours or overnight before serving.
Food recipes from https://andreasrecipes.com